WHAT IS I PROMISE?
I Promise is the new way for busy people to give thoughts, not things - easily and beautifully.
We make it simple for people to create a gorgeous collection of personalised promises for someone special.
We don’t have anything against things. Everyone likes things. We just think thoughts are better. They’re remembered more. They draw us closer together. They make us happier. So we made a simple way for people to give them. Whether it’s little thoughts, more time spent together, experiences, new skills or grand romantic gestures, we believe anything can be wrapped up as a promise.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
First you choose your colour - Letterbox Red with White Foil Blocking or Royal Blue with Gold Foil Blocking. Then how many you want to give - 3, 5 or 10. After that simply write out your promises - little or large, silly or serious. If you need a hand, we have thousands of ideas all organised to make it easy to find the right promise. Then we'll make it into a gorgeous gift and post it to you to give to that special someone. And that's it.
HOW MUCH IS AN I PROMISE?
A 3 promise pack is £9.50, a 5 promise pack is £14.50 and a 10 promise pack £18.50.
CAN I SEE ONE?
We'd be delighted to send you a press sample. Just drop us a note at email@example.com. Or Get Making your own one.
WHERE DID THE IDEA FOR I PROMISE COME FROM?
Co-Founder Andrew Deere knew his wife “wasn’t going to be impressed with another round of things" and felt wrong "filling the house up with more stuff. So I decided to give her thoughts instead of things. But nothing great existed to do it. So I made a sweet bundle of promises, including ‘I promise to get up early with the kids on the weekend so you can snooze’, ‘I promise to go on a cooking course’ and ‘I promise a weekend trip to Paris’. She was so happy with all the thought that had gone into it, I just knew others would love the idea as much as she did. So my friend Noor Kassam and I developed the concept into an exciting site that everyone can make promises with. We're seeing a such a great response, it's wonderful".
SOME FACTS ABOUT GIVING
The average spend on Valentine's Day is over £100 - with most money going on chocolates (48%) and flowers (34%)
Every year we search Google more for gifts ideas than the last year.
After Christmas eBay has its busiest period with everyone getting rid of stuff they dont want.
Most of us cant remember the last thing we got as a gift.
Over half of all mothers surveyed said the best Mother’s Day gift would be something handmade from their children. The second and third best gifts were spending time with the family and getting a spa treatment or massage.
Studies have shown we remember experiences more than we remember things.
They've also shown we look forward to experiences more than we do physical things.
Research has shown doing things together brings couples closer to each other.
Research from Stanford University shows giving a partner an 'IOU' has the power to strengthen the relationship.
Scientists have shown we are likely to regret buying things, but are likely to regret not buying experiences.
- Spending more money on a gift doesn't mean it will be appreciated more, according to another study.
The most popular category on the I Promise site is 'Grand Romantic Gestures' and 'Pack Your Bags'
DO YOU HAVE SOME HIGH-RES IMAGES?
We do. Just have a look in our gallery here.
WHAT ARE SOME PROMISES MADE ON THE SITE?
- I promise to be more adventurous - like that.
- I promise to take you to Venice. Tonight.
- I promise you a day of pampering at a spa.
- I promise you dinner in The Eiffel tower.
- I promise never to tell anyone you cried at Love Actually.
- I promise to make you the ultimate playlist.
- I promise to let you do whatever you want in bed.
- I promise to iron my own shirts.
- I promise to grow old with you.
- I promise to try harder.
- I promise to learn to cook all the meals you love.
- I promise to act out all your fantasies.
- I promise pick you up after a night with the boys once a month.
- I promise to skydive with you.
- I promise to give you the keys to my flat.
- I promise you 10 hours worth of massages.
- I promise to take you on a second honeymoon.
- I promise to look after you when you have man flu.
- I promise we’ll start a family.
- I promise to stop the facial hair experiments.
- I promise we’ll get lost in distant lands this year.
- I promise to fix those things around the house I’m always avoiding.
- I promise to sort you out with some amazing apps.
- I promise to dress up for you.
THE I PROMISE TEAM
Andrew Deere - CEO and Co-Founder
Andrew looks after the company’s sales, operation and people worldwide.
Noor Kassam - Consultant
Noor developed the concept with Andrew.
Will Lion - Creative and Marketing Director
Will is reponsible for creating our brand - the purpose, the product, the look and the ideas - and marketing and growing it worldwide.
Luke Stenzhorn and Rosa Koolhoven - Heads of Design
Luke and Rosa are the artists behind I Promise's distinctive, charming look and oversee all product, site and marketing design.
Marcelo Dornelas - Head of Tech
Marcelo oversees and maintains I Promise's sleek digital experience.
Emily Woollcombe-Adams - Head of Promises
Emily spots and creates our thousands of heart-fluttering, smile-making promise suggestions.
GETTING IN TOUCH
If you’re after anything else we’d be delighted to chat. Chat to Will on firstname.lastname@example.org